Corporate compliance in the global supply chain
How can a corporation achieve worldwide uniformity in the maturity of implemented standards and the measures for process improvement? How can this be done based on workflows, kept adaptable to accommodate changing needs, and take into account local and customer-specific requirements?
With the implementation of the online solution OMM (Operations Maturity Model) developed by KIAG, the Business Unit Supply Chain of the Deutsche Post DHL can provide their divisions a new IT platform that meets these and further requirements optimally, replacing their previous solution.
Using the web application, sites identify their business focus and evaluate the current maturity level of their processes, based upon which they define target stages for improvement. From this evaluation, the system generates work packages with concrete tasks to achieve the targeted process improvements. The tasks can then be assigned a time horizon and a responsible owner, and can be tracked by local management. Selected functions of the application are:
- use of different data models as defined by the business side. This allows data models planned for the future to be tried out at pilot sites
- based on the model version the system generates special language files which can be processed by translation services. Right from the beginning the system supports 20 languages
- object and hierarchy-based authorisation to prevent unauthorised data access
- context-sensitive assistance for users with a comprehensive set of fact sheets containing business and technological input, best practices, multimedia content, supplier lists, etc. The special edit-mode with an integrated change approval process allows the knowledge database to be augmented based on input from users
- comprehensive data model configuration options for system administrators
- interfaces for corporate user management as well as downstream BI systems.
The KIAG solution allows 5,000 users worldwide to efficiently document and track their progress with respect to process improvements for the first time. The wide-ranging flexibility offered by the data model maintenance and application configuration ensures that the system reflects the current business processes consistent with the corporate standards, and provides excellent support for the sites in developing their operations process maturity.